Bruce was a partner in the management consulting division of a Big Four accounting firm where he started and for 10 years headed a firm-wide industry practice group specializing in law firms. He set up Heintz Consulting to continue assisting law firms and other professionals with their strategic business needs. He has been conducting client satisfaction assessments for more than 15 years.
Bruce’s achievements include:
- Serving more than 30 AmLaw 100 law firms, numerous other law firms, 3 of the Big Four accounting firms and a number of global management consulting firms.
- Being involved in client interviews and satisfaction assessments at more than half of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of Fortune 1000 companies.
- Saving his clients millions of dollars in potentially lost revenues and strategically positioning them for future business development successes.
- Advising law firms in the areas of strategic planning, governance and management, profit improvement, partner compensation, mergers & acquisitions, and client relationship management.
- Consulting to general counsel and their law departments to secure improvements in management, organization, compensation and "internal" client satisfaction.
- Facilitating more than 100 law firm partner retreats, meetings and planning processes while navigating through political difficulties, reaching consensus and building winning teams.
- Serving as the practice group leader for a Big Four firm's Law Firms Group, a firmwide industry practice responsible for all services to the legal profession in the U.S. and globally, which included, in addition to audit, tax and litigation support specialists, more than 25 management consultants. He has served as the relationship partner for numerous key clients.
Bruce has spoken at, or his articles have appeared in, many professional services firm management forums, including the American Conference Institute, American Bar Association, Practising Law Institute, Association of Legal Administrators, Association of Corporate Counsel, Legal Marketing Association, Legal Sales and Service Organization, Professional Management Forum, ALM Law Journal Newsletters, Law Marketing Portal, The American Lawyer magazine and The American Lawyer conference series. He has been quoted in Fortune and The Wall Street Journal.
Bruce holds a BS from Yale University and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.